Monday, September 26, 2011

If The Shoe Fits

A while ago I purchased a cute pair of pink sandals that had a pink flower in the center. While trying them on at the store I did not notice anything uncomfortable about them, but alas, I was wrong. After a few weeks of wearing them the metal piece that secured the flowers in place began scratching the top of my feet.  Unfortunately, it was bad enough that I had to take the flower off leaving a little hole in each sandal.


Here's what I did to fix things:

Step 1: Grab your glue gun and some beads. Begin glueing the beads into place on your shoe.


Step 2: Glue all the beads into place.


Step 3: Secure all the beads in place by taking a needle and some thread. Start at one end and thread your beads in place.


Step 4: Repeat with your second shoe and you have a beautiful matching set of sandals.


(I thought about modeling these on my feet for this picture and decided that may turn readers away from this blog)

Happy Monday and Happy Crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the sandal re-decorations out there...and I'm a bit-ok alot jealous that you'll be able to keep wearing them!

    ReplyDelete