Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How to Destroy a Book

Before I begin this posting I must say this, book lovers look away, this craft is not for you! In fact you may shed some tears if you continue.

So, for all of you who are able to continue, this is how you destroy a book to make a really cool wreath.

Step 1: Grab a box or some kind of piece of cardboard.


Step 2: Grab a large bowl (I used a mixing bowl) and trace a circle on it. After that grab a smaller circular thing and trace that exactly in the middle of the original circle (I used the bottom of a vase). Cut the circles out.


Step 3: Begin cutting all the pages out of a book that you no longer have any desire to read. After I cut all the pages out of my book, I cut them in half so that they may roll easier (you'll see what I'm talking about).


Step 4: Take your first page, roll and glue it about one inch from the edge of the circle. After you fill in the out side edge go in another inch and repeat. Keep going till you reach the middle. Expect to roll and glue nearly 200 times.


Step 5: I was able to get 4 concentric rings of paper rolls glued down to the wreath. At this point you can consider yourself finished, unless you want to add something to the center of the wreath. I added a mirror to mine.


Step 6: Hang them up on your walls and enjoy. I made two. Here's Jon modeling them off.


Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. This would look very cool in an office or library. And I'm a booklover; however, frankly, there are some books that would be put to better use as wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made mine with a Twilight book and put them in my office. It looks FABulous, you should write a craft book someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Good use of a Twilight book! I'm glad they turned out so good.

    ReplyDelete